AP Racing - Radi-CAL Big Brake Kit - Front
AP Racing, the leading manufacturer of performance braking and clutch systems, for road and race use, has created a new range of Radi-CAL brake calipers, which incorporate race technology into high-performance road products. AP Racing's Radi-CAL racing calipers have taken the racing world by storm, dominating the highest level racing series on every continent.
The pressure forging process results in a strong, stiff caliper that is 20% lighter than similar cast calipers. Each caliper has been tested with over 500,000 cycles of pressure and torque to meet AP's stringent quality standard. The non-symmetric design is the result of Finite Element Analysis testing to determine where weight saving can be achieved without compromising strength and stiffness. Radi-CAL calipers are double sealed for durability. Hard anodized aluminum pistons are differentially sized to maximize pad life. A removable forged Bridge allows for easy pad changes. Anti-rattle springs prevent pad movement and knock back.
Featuring a two-piece aluminium body and h-piece, the forged non-symmetrical calipers offer a significant reduction in mass compared to conventional designs, and improved efficiency when resisting the torque generated by braking. This not only lowers a vehicle’s un-sprung weight, but also ensures continued high performance in demanding applications.
AP Racing’s advanced design process allows the concept to minimise structure and weight, while improving caliper cooling surface area, without sacrificing rigidity. This provides improved brake caliper cooling and reduces disc temperatures during high performance driving.
The Radi-CAL calipers feature a highly durable paint finish featuring the distinctive new Radi-CAL logo, and available separately or with matching performance road-car discs and pads for specific customer requests. The Radi-CAL Factory Big Brake kits incorporate floating two-piece disc assemblies, and include bespoke mounting bracket and bolts, a braided hose kit and DOT 5.1 high temperature brake fluid.
AP Racing Radi-CAL Calipers
- High-strength, lightweight, forged aluminum alloy body
- Non-symmetric design
- 6 pistons to minimize pad taper and maximize pad area
- Fixed radial mount for best pedal feel
- Anti-knock back features for a consistent, firm pedal
- Dust seals for everyday driving
- Extremely durable hard anodizing and paint finishing
- Compatible with OE ABS, Traction Control and Stability systems and factory master cylinder
AP Racing Discs
AP Racing brake discs are made from the highest quality cast iron. Curved vane technology is used to shed internal heat, and the optimized cross-drilled slotted face pattern is developed to increase pad bite and improve cooling. Each hole is radiused, not chamfered, to reduce noise and increase fatigue strength. Slotted-only rotor faces are available for heavy track use vehicles.
- Directional curved vanes for maximum cooling
- 2-piece modular design with aluminum hat reduced weight and better thermal conductivity
- Cross-drilled and slotted for aggressive pad bite and additional cooling
- All drilled holes are radiused, not chamfered
- J-Hook optional for heavy track use
AP Racing Brake Pads
AP Racing have tested brake pad compounds from the best friction manufacturers in the world to provide the latest in stopping power, maximum operating temperature, lower disc wear and less dust and noise. They're newest compounds are the best they have ever tested in all categories: performance, rotor life, wear, noise and dust.
- Virtually fade-free Mintex Xtreme Motorsport Pad Compound
- Featuring the ultimate in high-performance street and track day use
- Consistent coefficient of friction cold to over 1300°F
- Linear response and quick release
- Lowest noise, low dust and low rotor wear
DOT-compliant and TUV-approved stainless steel lines are included to top off the upgrade and provide a huge improvement in pedal feel and stiffness. Brackets and hardware are made from aerospace-grade materials and high-strength fasteners. All AP Racing kits are complete with no other parts required. Install, bleed and go!
Big Brake Kit Includes:
- Front AP Racing Radi-CAL Brake Calipers (Red or Black) with Brake Pads
- Front AP Racing Brake Discs (Drilled/Slotted or J-Hook)
- Stainless Steel Brake Lines
- Mounting Brackets & Hardware
2001-2006 BMW E46 M3
2008-2013 BMW E9X M3
2006-2010 BMW E60 M5
2006-2008 BMW E85/E86 Z4M
|BMW Fitments||E46 M3, E60 M5, E85/E86 Z4M, E9X M3|