BMW - Electronic Performance Steering Wheel - BMW E82 1-Series & E9X 3-Series
This is the ultimate steering wheel for your BMW, period. The steering wheel is completely upholstered in Alcantara with white cross-stitching, and its curvature is flattened at the lower edge. However, its most eye-catching feature is the display built into the top of the rim. Incorporating one organic and two conventional LEDs, it gives drivers access to a variety of efficiency and motorsport-related functions. These are operated via buttons conveniently located in the thumb-rest areas.
eas | BMW Electronic Performance Steering Wheel Demonstration
BMW M Performance Steering Wheel
A choice of three modes is available – ECO, Sport and Race. In all three modes, the LEDs can be used to inform drivers of the optimum shift point. In ECO mode, they can also help facilitate a more economical driving style. Sport mode includes a stopwatch, a current fuel consumption display, and a g-meter showing and recording momentary acceleration.
Race mode incorporates a lap timer with various split-time and memory functions. An optional lap trigger is available separately, which uses an infrared transmitter and receiver to measure lap times automatically and extremely accurately. Race mode also allows a variety of acceleration times to be measured, such as the time taken to reach 100 km/h** from a standing start or for the American quarter-mile sprint. Radiator temperature is shown in all three modes, as is the oil temperature in the case of petrol engines.
If the vehicle has option code S248 the heated steering function will no longer be active after installation. Air bag unit and multifunction buttons can be carried over from sport or M sport steering wheels but cannot be carried over from basic standard steering wheel. The infrared transmitter/receiver is optional and can be used with the electronic steering wheel to automatically and accurately record lap times. This transmitter/receiver is not approved for street use. Any damage to the vehicle resulting from use in a competitive event may void all or portions of the vehicle’s BMW Limited Warranty.
- Fully wrapped in premium quality Alcantara.
- Scratchproof polycarbonate cover for the OLED display screen and colored LEDs.
- Real-time fuel efficiency data.
- Average fuel economy and average speed.
- Water and oil temperature (water temperature only in diesel cars).
- Fuel efficient shift points via LED shift lights and EfficientDynamics Index (“EDI”) calculation.
- Built-in stopwatch.
- G-force meter for longitudinal and lateral acceleration.
- Water and oil temperature and multicolored LED (red and green) shift lights for optimal performance.
- Stopwatch with storage of values of up to 30 laps (lap time, max speed, max G-force).
- Measurement of up to nine section times within each lap.
- 1/4 mile race setting (“XMAS” tree LED light countdown, reaction time, 60’ time, 330’ time, 1,000’ time, 1/8 and 1/4 mile times and trap speeds).
2008+ BMW E82/E88 1-Series
2011 BMW E82 1M
2006-2012 BMW E9X 3-Series
2008-2013 BMW E9X M3 (Not for DCT)
|BMW Fitments||E82/E88 1-Series, E9X 3-Series|