Well-mannered on the street and capable of making higher-rate springs feel comfortable.
- Monotube Design
- 18 clicks of rebound adjustment
- 22mm strut shafts
- 16mm shock shafts
The MCS 1WNR damper is a single-adjustable damper with an adjustment range of 18 settings. Built as an “entry-level” (yet still race-capable and winning) damper, MCS 1WNR dampers are upgradable to our other damper systems. The modular design of MCS damper systems use interchangeable parts for an easy upgrades, without the need to invest in a new package. All MCS dampers are fully rebuildable, serviceable and can be custom-valved and upgraded any time.
These dampers are packed with technical features with elegantly clean execution. The monotube design is very stable with more oil capacity and better heat dissipation than twin tube dampers. Large shafts give extremely high, low-friction side-load support unmatched by shocks inverted and converted for strut applications. The large main piston gives quick, accurate damper response and the divider piston separates oil and gas, eliminating cavitation which often causes noise and sloppiness.
The MCS 1WNR damper system rings tremendous value and capability in a clean, easy to install and use package; and for these very reasons, was chosen to be used for NASA Spec E46 and NASA Spec Iron racing series.
Monotube Construction is very stable with more oil capacity and better heat dissipation than twin tube dampers. The large main piston gives quick, accurate damper response and the divider piston separates oil and gas, eliminating cavitation which causes noise, sloppiness, and loss of traction. We use large diameter shafts better displace fluid inside the damper body and give extremely high, low-friction side-load support unmatched by shocks inverted and converted for strut applications.
Blow-off valves are extremely effective in managing high speed compression hits where shaft speed velocities can create significant increases in compression damping forces. Our proprietary blow off mechanisms are entirely unique to MCS and minimize a compression strike otherwise applied to a tire, resulting in a large loss of grip and in street applications, comfortable road manners.
Orifices allow for precise hydraulic control of damper oil through the main piston. Utilizing orifices introduces the ability to have a wide operating range, avoiding pesky re-valves, consistency in damping adjustment per click, and virtually eliminates fatigue with usage.
Developed in Motorsport
We’ve developed our damper technology over the last 28 years in the highest echelons of professional Motorsport. With active involvement in racing, we understand the peculiarities and technicalities of the sport and utilize our experience to continuously refine our systems. Simply put, we “get it”!
The MCS 1WNR damper is a single-adjustable damper with an adjustment range of 18 settings.
Application specific valving covers a wide range of spring rates and eliminates the need to constantly revalve every time you want to increase or decrease your spring rate. MCS has engineered its adjustment mechanisms so each click can be felt, but never feels like you’ve gone too far.
18 Clicks of Rebound Adjustment
With 18 clicks of rebound adjustment, the user can easily introduce more spring control or change the balance of the car. 1WNR dampers are built standard with a linear piston and a digressive piston option is available.
- Internal Reservoir: Nitrogen Gas is stored in this compartment and allows for more usable stroke and better control of pressure across dividing piston.
- Main Piston Assembly: Generates overall valving range. Valving can be manipulated by changing the non-preloaded shim stack configuration on the compression and rebound sides of the piston.
- Shaft: Also known as piston rod. Responsible for displacing fluid in the damper body to be controlled by piston assembly and adjustment mechanism. We utilize 22mm diameter shafts for strut applications and 16mm diameter for shock applications on the 1WNR damper system.
- Dividing Piston: Separates the gas cavity from the oil cavity.
- Support Piston: Provides additional lateral support on piston end of shaft assembly.
- Adjustment Knob: Connected to the internal adjustment mechanism and allows the user to adjust damping forces easily.
- Adjustment Mechanism: Proprietary adjustment mechanism to manipulate damping forces.
- Shaft Guide: Creates additional lateral support on shaft-end side of shaft assembly.
BMW E82 1M
BMW F87 M2/M2C
BMW E36 M3
BMW E46 M3
BMW E90/E92/E93 M3
BMW F80 M3
BMW F82/F83 M4
BMW E39 M5
BMW E60 M5
BMW E63/E64 M6
BMW E36/E37 Z3M
BMW E85/E86 Z4M
WARNING: May contain items that are found to have compounds and/or chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive harm.
For more info, please visit https://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.