- Accept: Tests if the battery can accept charge. This step prevents that charging proceeds with a defect battery.
- Bulk: Charging with maximum current until approximately 90% battery capacity.
- Absorption: Charging with declining current to maximize up to 95% battery capacity.
- Analyze: Tests if the battery can hold charge. Batteries that can not hold charge may need to be replaced.
- Completion: Final charge with reduced current.
- Maximization: Final charge with maximum voltage up to 100% battery capacity.
- Float: Maintaining the battery voltage at maximum level by providing a constant voltage charge.
- Pulse: Maintaining the battery at 95-100% capacity. The charger monitors the battery voltage and gives a pulse when necessary to keep the battery fully charged.