New to the product lineup is the AWRON CANFlap - the first Smart EVC controller for Exhaust Sound at the touch of a button! No more fumbling with Key FOBs or extra clutter taking up your interior space. OEM CAN-based operation using existing steering wheel controls as if it were offered from factory.
With the AWRON CANFlap control, you have full control over your Exhaust Valve Controller (EVC) at any time. One press of the steering wheel button and the flap is operated independently of the sports mode. This allows you to enjoy the sound of your BMW whenever you want. The selected flap position is recalled after restarting the vehicle (memory function). When you purchase the AWRON CANFlap control for BMW, you get an exclusive product that will provide pure and unique driving pleasure. PC configuration software is provided to adjust the variable functions of the EVC controller and when the valves are opened or closed. For example, valves can be set to activate at a preset RPM or Pedal position.
No error messages are generated in the error memory of the engine control unit. AWRON's BMW flap control is automatically deactivated when a BMW tester is connected to the vehicle OBD socket. To control the electric exhaust flaps, we use the existing Cruise Control/Speed Limiter buttons on the steering wheel, which are standard in every BMW vehicle. To prevent duplication of button functions, the CANFlap functions can only be operated when the Cruise Control or Speed Limiter function is off.
- Left Steering Wheel Rocker [Up]: Exhaust flaps are opened and kept open over the entire RPM/Speed Range
- Left Steering Wheel Rocker [Down]: Exhaust flaps are kept closed up to a predefined speed which can be set via configuration software
- Resume Button: Exhaust flap function is reset to Factory Operation
The function of the exhaust flap is set using the PC configuration software. Here you have the option of setting the function of the exhaust flap depending on the speed and
the accelerator pedal angle.
- In the “Exhaust Flap OPEN” mode, a defined masking (Flap CLOSED) can be set via the speed. If the set value of the accelerator pedal angle is exceeded, the flap is opened.
- In the “Exhaust Flap CLOSED” mode, a defined display (Flap OPEN) can be set using the speed. If the set value of the accelerator pedal angle is exceeded, the flap is opened.
- Pedal Override: Open Exhaust Valves when pedal reached predefined position
- Exhaust Valves are fully controllable via Steering Wheel Buttons using factory CAN commands for Valve control
- Full Control over your Exhaust Valves. Enjoy the rumble of your engine!
- Sound Tuning: Factory ASD (Active Sound Design: artificial exhaust sound via the speakers) can be deactivated
- Auto Start-Stop Deactivation: Permanently set whether MSA is enabled or disabled
- Auto-Bypass Mode when Diagnostic Equipment is plugged into OBD2 port
- Configuration via Windows PC software and USB connection
No error messages are generated in the error memory of the engine control unit. AWRON's BMW flap control is automatically deactivated when a BMW tester is connected to the vehicle OBD socket. To control the electric exhaust flaps, we use the existing cruise control/speed limiter buttons on the steering wheel, which are standard in every BMW vehicle. To prevent duplication of button functions, the BMW flap control functions can only be operated when the cruise control or speed limiter function is off.
- Integrated Mini USB port for configuration changes or feature updates
- Automotive-Grade Wiring & Electronics
- Operating temperature range -40 °C to +85 °C
- Dimensions L 70mm x W 45mm x H 25mm
- AWRON BMW CANFlap Control Module
- Connection Cable incl. Harness
- Mini USB cable
- Installation and operating instructions via download
- Windows PC configuration software download
BMW F16 X6 xDrive35i
BMW F16 X6 xDrive50i
⚠️ WARNING TO OUR CALIFORNIAN CONSUMERS:
This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects and reproductive harm. For more information go to: https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/