G80 M3 - Eventuri Carbon Fiber Intake System & Turner Motorsport Carbon Fiber Strut Brace
This G80 M3 stopped by for some top quality Carbon Fiber upgrades under the hood. Namely the Eventuri Carbon Fiber Intake System & Turner Motorsport Carbon Fiber Strut Brace.
Turner Motorsport's Carbon Fiber Strut Brace offers more than just good looks - it reduces chassis flex to stiffen the suspension, and helps triangulate the front end, providing more consistent suspension geometry.
Designed and tested in-house, Turner is proud to offer a precision engineered structural component that ensures power is transferred properly and not lost through chassis flex, without any increase in NVH. Turner's Carbon Fiber Strut Brace is lightweight (3.31 lbs. vs 7.71lbs. OEM), extremely rigid, and comprised of carbon fiber and aluminum chassis mounts with an oval cross-sectional area for increased rigidity over the factory steel braces. Not only will it enhance your driving experience but also provide an eye-catching addition to your engine bay.
Carbon fiber is an excellent addition on any vehicle, and offers a very unique look that is found on some of the most exotic vehicles on the road today. This strut brace kit features a clean woven design that is sure to look phenomenal for years to come, and will absolutely compliment your engine bay. This kit includes everything you need for installation.
Turner Motorsport G8x Strut Brace was test fitted with the factory intake and the Turner Motorsport S58 Intake (coming soon).
Design Features and Benefits
- CAD designed for perfect integration with the stock mounting locations and features in the engine bay.
- Utilizes the factory mounting hardware.
- Designed with an oval cross-sectional area for increased rigidity over the factory steel braces.
- Manufactured using structural carbon fiber with a 2x2 twill weave outer layer for increased rigidity and a great look in the engine bay.
- Aluminum chassis mounts are machined from 6061-T6, type II black anodized and bonded to the carbon structure to ensure secure and strong mounting of the strut brace to the chassis.
- Replaces factory steel braces
- Carbon braces weigh less than factory steel braces
- Factory Steel braces = 7.71 lbs
- Turner Carbon braces = 3.31 lbs
- Increases structural rigidity of the chassis.
Eventuri's Carbon Fiber Intake System is one which truly sets a benchmark for the BMW G8X M3/M4 platform. Eventuri carried out intensive R&D to develop an intake which not only improves on the stock M3/M4 but also is future proof in its capacity to cater for high powered builds well in excess of 1000hp. Thesystem is a complete redesign from the airboxes to the turbo inlets with the aim of reducing pressure loss while increasing the flow rate and keeping inlet temperatures low.
Eventuri maximized the usage of the available space to employ 2 custom made filters with a 40% larger filtration area than stock. These are used in the Patented Venturi housings to smoothly funnel the air to the turbo inlets. The inlets themselves are up to 160% larger in cross sectional area than stock and are designed with an advanced dimpled inner surface to reduce frictional losses between the flow and the wall boundary. By allowing a “cushion” of air at the wall surface, airflow is able to move through the inlets at higher flow rates with reduced pressure loss. This allows the turbos to draw air with less resistance and therefore reduce the wastegate duty cycle resulting in higher overall performance.
The Eventuri G8X M3/M4 intake system consists of a number of components engineered to perform a specific purpose and fabricated to the highest of standards. The system uses 100% pre-preg carbon fiber with no fiberglass which means a smooth internal surface to maintain smoother airflow is achieved.
- Performance Gain: 13-18hp, 12-16ft-lb (Stock Tune)
- Turbo Inlet Area Increased up to 160%
- Filtration Area Increased up to 40%
Each intake system consists of
- 2 x Carbon Fiber Patented Venturi Filter Housings
- 2 x Bespoke High Flow Dry Cone Filters
- 2 x Carbon Fiber Inlet Ducts
- Carbon Fiber Intake Tube
- 2 Thermoplastic Turbo Inlets
- Laser Cut Stainless Steel Brackets
- Custom Flexible Hose
- CNC Machined Bracket Mounts and Reinforcement Rings